Experience has shown us that updating and adding new content to your website will consistently improve its performance and increase your ROI.
So, you got a new website design in 2016. It looks great and is very slick. Compared to your competition, you look absolutely fantastic. The only problem is that while this is a good thing, for most businesses this results in your website never improving until it has to. At Nfinity Web Solutions, we recommend that you compare yourself to the market and industry leaders; not what your local competition is doing. They might spend a lot of time stagnating, but that does not mean that you need to make the same mistake!
So, do yourself a favor and invest in regular website maintenance. Not sure why you should do so? Here are five key reasons why so many choose Nfinity Web Solutions to help keep their website running at the capacity it should be.
Why Website Maintenance Matters
- For one, it shows that you are always improving. When clients turn up to use your site and it has barely been updated since the last time they visited, it makes a rather poor impression. If your blog is not updated often and your products often retain the same, your sterile approach will feed into how people look at your business. Simply, if you are not willing to make the effort then it’s likely that your clients will wonder why they should bother, either!
- Website maintenance and updates makes it easier for people to want to come back. If they are used to getting access to little pearls of wisdom when they come to visit your site, they should feel that they are getting a very impressive response from your business. By giving them regularly improved blog content and new information to learn from, they feel like you are doing more than most to keep them informed. That trust is hard to get back once you lose it, so regular website maintenance is very important indeed.
- Also, a website that stagnates is one that falls down the search engine rankings. Competitors will appear on the scene and old ones will also improve, pushing you down. Website algorithms and online best practice changes over time, too, and a failure to keep up and adapt with that will just make your website and entire business feel dated and not very interesting to the reader. These are all serious problems, and can have a rather profound effect on how people read your business. The lower down you go, the less likely you are to ever actually get back to the top again!
- Your website needs updated, too, to avoid security threats. If your website stagnates, then it becomes an easier target for modern hackers and rogues who are looking to do some damage. You need regular updates to help make sure you are prepared to face any kind of attacks on your website.
- Lastly, your website needs to change to make sure it can keep pace with modern technology. Just because you installed a mobile site a few years ago does not mean that you can ignore having to revamp it. It’s like getting a new suit for work; a website update shows you are proud to serve your clients and makes them more proud to be associated with you.
It’s a simple process, but one you should never ignore if you want to keep progressing!